- 1 kg plums
- 200 g sugar
- 200 g rice
- 1 lt milk
- 750 ml cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 ml vanilla aroma
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 33 cl Port Wine
- Cut the plums in half, and take out their core.
- Put a tbsp of butter and 50 g of sugar in a medium saucepan, make the sugar sweat a little bit and add the plums. Once the plums start slowly caramelising, add the port wine and with the use of a torch vaporise the alcohol of the wine. Then, in low heat slowly continue cooking for another 15 minutes and leave it to cool.
- For the pudding, put the rice and sugar in a saucepan. Add half the milk and half the cream and continuously stir on low heat. Once it starts boiling, add the vanilla aroma and the cinnamon. Once it starts taking the water, add the remaining cream and milk, and cook for another 30-40 minutes until the rice is cooked through. Once you are sure the rice is cooked, set aside and leave to cool.
- Drain the cooking water of the plums into a small saucepan and grind over high heat.
- After all the ingredients have cooled, take the rice pudding on a serving plate and place the desired number of plums on it. Finally, pour the plum sauce over it and serve.